7820 Farrow Road
Columbia, SC 29203
Phone: (803) 935-0132 | Fax: (803) 935-0445
MissionsMISSIONS TEAM - Pastor Bobby L. Smith, Sr., Director - 776-5704
Assigned the purpose of Evangelism
- Organize and implement a plan that will reach our community and our world for Christ.
- Plan, promote and oversee all of the church's evangelism training, evangelistic activities, programs, and mission projects.
Missions designate the work done by our church to fulfill its mission to persons not members of our church or enrolled in our programs. This is done directly and through representative agents. Missions is something we do - mission action! It is ministering to (helping) those in need and evangelizing (witnessing to) the unsaved.
We are commanded by Jesus in His Great Commission: "Go ye therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the Name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Matthew 28:19-20
Our mission work is divided into two categories: Home and Foreign. "You will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." Acts 1:8. Our Home and Foreign Mission work, fulfilled in our communities, our state, our nation and foreign countries, is done by our church alone or in cooperation with other churches through the Gethsemane Baptist Association, the Baptist E&M Convention of SC, and the National Baptist Convention, USA, Inc.
MembershipMEMBERSHIP TEAM - Deacon Ronald Anderson, Director
Assigned the purpose of Fellowship
- Care for the members.
- Facilitate the new members' process.
- Oversee pastoral care, hospital visitation, bereavement and benevolence within the congregation.
- Plan and oversee major fellowship events within the church family.
MaturityMATURITY /EDUCATION TEAM - Minister Tasha Taylor, Director
Assigned the purpose of Discipleship
- Lead members to deeper spiritual commitment and help them develop to spiritual maturity.
- Plan and oversee all Bible studies, growth groups and special church-wide spiritual growth campaigns.
- Secure or develop Bible study curriculums and other resources to help believers grow.
"So that you may walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God." Colossians 1:10 (NASB)
Discipleship describes the process of our spiritual growth in each area of our lives that should be made more pleasing to the Lord. Our E3 Discipleship Program here at Zion Canaan is implemented as a flow, which represents the growth of an individual Christian and the growth of the church. The Flow is a picture that keeps reminding us of our end goal of growth. No one is allowed to remain motionless. Christians must keep growing. The image of a river flowing downstream has a natural urge to keep moving along. Just like physical growth, there is a tendency for spiritual development to keep advancing. God builds that growing process into the church and our church utilizes the dynamic process of the following three major stages of Christian growth: Establishing, Empowering and Equipping.
1. Basic Stage of E3 Discipleship Flow: "Establishing New Christians"
The new Christian learns what the Christian life is and how to live it.
2. Intermediate Stage of E3 Discipleship Flow: "Empowering Faithful Lives for Service"
hTe young Christian masters the fight over the world, Satan and flesh by God's Word.
3. Advanced Stage of E3 Discipleship Flow: "Equipping His People for Ministry"
The mature Christian develops a deep and strong faith to carry out God's work.
Our E3 Discipleship Flow is implemented via Sunday School, Discipleship Bible Study and Vacation Bible School, and
MagnificationMAGNIFICATION TEAM -
Assigned the purpose of Worship.
- Plan and oversee all worship services, special worship emphases and events.
- Provide music and worship resources to the rest of the church ministries.
MinistryMINISTRY TEAM - Pastor Bobby L. Smith, Sr., Director - 776-5704
Assigned the purpose of Ministry
- Facilitate a process for turning members into ministers by helping them discover their gifts for ministry and guiding them to find either an existing place for ministry or a new ministry.
- Assist, train and supervise lay and licensed ministers of the church.
- Help every member of the church find a meaningful place of service that best expresses his or her gifts and abilities.